Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 01/10] submodule--helper: add is_active command

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:44:07 -0700

On 03/14, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Here is my attempt to rewrite the whole thing.
> 
>     The definition of which submodules are of interest by the user
>     is tied to the configuration submodule.<name>.url; when it is
>     set to a non-empty string, it is of interest.  We'd want to be
>     able to later change this definition, but there are many places
>     that explicitly check this condition in the scripted Porcelain.
> 
>     Introduce the "is-active" subcommand to "submodule--helper", so
>     that the exact definition of what submodule is of interest can
>     be centrally defined (and changed in later steps).  In a few
>     patches that follow, this helper is used to replace the explicit
>     checks of the configuration variable in scripts.
> 
> You are adding the "is-active" subcommand, and the implementation
> detail to do so is by using a new is_active() function, so the patch
> title needs a bit of tweaking, too.
> 
> 	Subject: submodule--helper: add is-active subcommand

Thanks for helping wordsmith this.  Since starting to contribute I've
realized that writing a good commit message is probably the hardest
part of the whole process.

-- 
Brandon Williams