Subject: [PATCH 0/8] Various changes to the "tag" command

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 10:32:48 +0000

This series incorporates and replaces all the "tag" patches I have
floating around the list, and adds a lot in the mix which discovered
while working on the initial two patches, but which made sense as
separate patches.

It's based no top of Jeff's gitster/jk/ref-filter-flags-cleanup.

I'm bundling this all together because a lot of these patches touch
the exact same code, and in other cases subsequent patches make use of
test suite improvements I made earlier in the series. So although some
could be split out entirely (e.g. the --point-at patch), I'd like to
just present them all for review together & split out any if there's
strong objections to basing them on top of each other.

I think this series changes addresses all the points brought up by
Junio/Jeff about my previous patches, except there's no extensive
discussion of how the filtering mechanism works in general as pointed
out by Junio in <[email-masked]>.

I think it makes sense to have that, but in the interest of getting
something out the door I'm not working on that for now.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (8):
  tag: Remove a TODO item from the test suite
  tag: Refactor the options handling code to be less bizarro
  tag: Change  misleading --list <pattern> documentation
  tag: Implicitly supply --list given another list-like option
  tag: Implicitly supply --list given the -n option
  ref-filter: Add --no-contains option to tag/branch/for-each-ref
  tag: Add tests for --with and --without
  tag: Change --point-at to default to HEAD

 Documentation/git-branch.txt           |  15 ++-
 Documentation/git-for-each-ref.txt     |   6 +-
 Documentation/git-tag.txt              |  44 ++++---
 builtin/branch.c                       |   4 +-
 builtin/for-each-ref.c                 |   3 +-
 builtin/tag.c                          |  36 ++++--
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |   4 +-
 parse-options.h                        |   4 +-
 ref-filter.c                           |  19 ++-
 ref-filter.h                           |   1 +
 t/t3201-branch-contains.sh             |  51 +++++++-
 t/t6302-for-each-ref-filter.sh         |  16 +++
 t/t7004-tag.sh                         | 226 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 13 files changed, 371 insertions(+), 58 deletions(-)

-- 
2.11.0