Subject: [PATCH v4 00/16] Various changes to the "tag" command & related

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 18:40:43 +0000

Hopefully the final version. This is exactly like v3 except for a
couple of minor changes (and rebased on the latest upstream master):

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (16):
  tag doc: move the description of --[no-]merged earlier
  tag doc: split up the --[no-]merged documentation
  tag doc: reword --[no-]merged to talk about commits, not tips
  ref-filter: make combining --merged & --no-merged an error
  ref-filter: add test for --contains on a non-commit
  tag: remove a TODO item from the test suite
  tag tests: fix a typo in a test description
  for-each-ref: partly change <object> to <commit> in help
  tag: add more incompatibles mode tests

Clarified in the commit message what code in builtin/tag.c we're
trying to test here.

  parse-options: add OPT_NONEG to the "contains" option
  tag: change misleading --list <pattern> documentation

Use the same phrasing as Junio's "branch doc: update description for
`--list`" does when describing "git tag --list".

  tag: implicitly supply --list given another list-like option
  tag: change --point-at to default to HEAD
  ref-filter: add --no-contains option to tag/branch/for-each-ref
  ref-filter: reflow recently changed branch/tag/for-each-ref docs
  tag: add tests for --with and --without

 Documentation/git-branch.txt           |  33 +++--
 Documentation/git-for-each-ref.txt     |  12 +-
 Documentation/git-tag.txt              |  59 +++++---
 builtin/branch.c                       |   5 +-
 builtin/for-each-ref.c                 |   5 +-
 builtin/tag.c                          |  27 ++--
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |   4 +-
 parse-options.h                        |   6 +-
 ref-filter.c                           |  30 +++-
 ref-filter.h                           |   1 +
 t/t3200-branch.sh                      |   4 +
 t/t3201-branch-contains.sh             |  61 +++++++-
 t/t6302-for-each-ref-filter.sh         |  20 +++
 t/t7004-tag.sh                         | 245 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 14 files changed, 440 insertions(+), 72 deletions(-)

-- 
2.11.0