Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] name-hash: fix buffer overrun

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 15:16:40 +0000

From: Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]>

Version 2 of this fix smashes the HT and chmod issues in the
test code discussed on the mailing list.  The test has also
been updated to skip on 1 cpu systems.

================
Fix buffer overrun in handle_range_dir() when the final entry
in the index was the only file in the last directory, such as
"a/b/foo.txt". The look ahead (k_start + 1) was invalid since
(k_start + 1) == k_end.

Jeff Hostetler (1):
  test-online-cpus: helper to return cpu count

Kevin Willford (1):
  name-hash: fix buffer overrun

 Makefile                                |  1 +
 name-hash.c                             |  4 +++-
 t/helper/.gitignore                     |  1 +
 t/helper/test-online-cpus.c             |  8 ++++++++
 t/t3008-ls-files-lazy-init-name-hash.sh | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 40 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100644 t/helper/test-online-cpus.c
 create mode 100755 t/t3008-ls-files-lazy-init-name-hash.sh

-- 
2.9.3