Subject: [PATCH 00/12] PCREv2 & more

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 13:24:54 +0000

This adds PCRE v2 support, but as I was adding that I kept noticing
other related problems to fix. It's all bundled up into the same
series because much of it conflicts because it modifies the same test
or other code. Notes on each patch below.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (12):
  grep: add ability to disable threading with --threads=0 or
    grep.threads=0

This really has nothing to do with the rest except I'm using it to
test non-multithreaded & threaded PCRE more easily.

  grep: remove redundant regflags assignment under PCRE
  Makefile & configure: reword outdated comment about PCRE

Just some trivial cleanups.

  grep: add a test for backreferences in PCRE patterns
  log: add exhaustive tests for pattern style options & config

Yay, more tests!

  log: add -P as a synonym for --perl-regexp

We've had --perl-regexp for years, but not -P like grep, add it.

  grep & rev-list doc: stop promising libpcre for --perl-regexp
  grep: make grep.patternType=[pcre|pcre1] a synonym for "perl"
  test-lib: rename the LIBPCRE prerequisite to PCRE
  grep: change the internal PCRE macro names to be PCRE1
  grep: change the internal PCRE code & header names to be PCRE1
  grep: add support for PCRE v2

These combined add the support for PCRE 2. It's split up for ease of
readability. The last one's still a bit big, and I could e.g. split up
all the Makefile/autoconf stuff into a different patch (which wouldn't
do anything without the code), but I thought on balance doing it this
way made the most sense.

 Documentation/config.txt           |   7 ++
 Documentation/git-grep.txt         |   8 +-
 Documentation/rev-list-options.txt |   6 +-
 Makefile                           |  28 +++++-
 builtin/grep.c                     |  26 +++++-
 configure.ac                       |  61 ++++++++++--
 grep.c                             | 184 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 grep.h                             |  26 ++++--
 revision.c                         |   2 +-
 t/README                           |  16 +++-
 t/t4202-log.sh                     |  76 ++++++++++++++-
 t/t7810-grep.sh                    |  79 +++++++++++++---
 t/t7812-grep-icase-non-ascii.sh    |   4 +-
 t/t7813-grep-icase-iso.sh          |  11 ++-
 t/test-lib.sh                      |   4 +-
 15 files changed, 456 insertions(+), 82 deletions(-)

-- 
2.11.0