Subject: [PATCH 0/4] recursive submodules: git-reset!

From: Stefan Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 16:49:19 -0700

Now that the BIG one has landed, e394fa01d6 (Merge branch
'sb/checkout-recurse-submodules', 2017-03-28), you would expect that
teaching to recurse into submodules is easy for all the remaining 
working tree manipulations?

It turns out it is. See the last patch how we teach git-reset to recurse
into submodules.

However when thinking more about what git-reset is expected to do,
I added tests and some fixes for them (patch 2+3).

patch 1 is a correctness thing, required for patch 3.

Thanks,
Stefan

Stefan Beller (4):
  entry.c: submodule recursing: respect force flag correctly
  submodule.c: uninitialized submodules are ignored in recursive
    commands
  submodule.c: harden submodule_move_head against broken submodules
  builtin/reset: add --recurse-submodules switch

 builtin/reset.c            | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 entry.c                    |  8 ++++----
 submodule.c                | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
 t/lib-submodule-update.sh  | 24 +++++++++++++++++++++---
 t/t7112-reset-submodule.sh |  8 ++++++++
 unpack-trees.c             |  7 ++++++-
 6 files changed, 89 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

-- 
2.12.2.603.g7b28dc31ba