Subject: [PATCH v11 0/5] read-cache: speed up add_index_entry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 21:37:29 +0000

From: Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]>

Version 11 splits the changes in read-cache.c into
3 commits so that they can be independently evaluated.
And adds subscript guard for istate->cache_nr > 0 which
might be necessary if remove_index_entry_at() deletes
the only entry in the array.

Jeff Hostetler (5):
  read-cache: add strcmp_offset function
  p0006-read-tree-checkout: perf test to time read-tree
  read-cache: speed up add_index_entry during checkout
  read-cache: speed up has_dir_name (part 1)
  read-cache: speed up has_dir_name (part 2)

 Makefile                           |   1 +
 cache.h                            |   1 +
 read-cache.c                       | 139 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 t/helper/.gitignore                |   1 +
 t/helper/test-strcmp-offset.c      |  22 ++++++
 t/perf/p0006-read-tree-checkout.sh |  67 ++++++++++++++++++
 t/perf/repos/.gitignore            |   1 +
 t/perf/repos/many-files.sh         | 110 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t0065-strcmp-offset.sh           |  21 ++++++
 9 files changed, 361 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 t/helper/test-strcmp-offset.c
 create mode 100755 t/perf/p0006-read-tree-checkout.sh
 create mode 100644 t/perf/repos/.gitignore
 create mode 100755 t/perf/repos/many-files.sh
 create mode 100755 t/t0065-strcmp-offset.sh

-- 
2.9.3