Subject: [PATCH v12 0/5] read-cache: speed up add_index_entry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 17:06:13 +0000

From: Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]>

Version 12 adds a new t/perf/repo/inflate-repo.sh script to let you
inflate a test repo, such as a copy of git.git or linux.git, to have
a branch containing a very large number of (non-synthetic) files.

It also fixes the "##" comments in the many-files.sh script
as mentioned on the mailing list.

I've also updated the commit message on part 2 to show the
results when run on an inflated copy of linux.git with 1M+ files.

Jeff Hostetler (5):
  read-cache: add strcmp_offset function
  p0006-read-tree-checkout: perf test to time read-tree
  read-cache: speed up add_index_entry during checkout
  read-cache: speed up has_dir_name (part 1)
  read-cache: speed up has_dir_name (part 2)

 Makefile                           |   1 +
 cache.h                            |   1 +
 read-cache.c                       | 139 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 t/helper/.gitignore                |   1 +
 t/helper/test-strcmp-offset.c      |  22 ++++++
 t/perf/p0006-read-tree-checkout.sh |  67 ++++++++++++++++++
 t/perf/repos/.gitignore            |   1 +
 t/perf/repos/inflate-repo.sh       |  86 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/perf/repos/many-files.sh         | 110 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t0065-strcmp-offset.sh           |  21 ++++++
 10 files changed, 447 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 t/helper/test-strcmp-offset.c
 create mode 100755 t/perf/p0006-read-tree-checkout.sh
 create mode 100644 t/perf/repos/.gitignore
 create mode 100755 t/perf/repos/inflate-repo.sh
 create mode 100755 t/perf/repos/many-files.sh
 create mode 100755 t/t0065-strcmp-offset.sh

-- 
2.9.3