Subject: [PATCH v2 01/13] grep: remove redundant regflags assignment under PCRE

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 22:40:41 +0000

Remove a redundant assignment to the "regflags" variable. This
variable is only used for POSIX regular expression matching, not when
the PCRE library is used.

This redundant assignment was added as a result of copy/paste
programming in commit 84befcd0a4 ("grep: add a grep.patternType
configuration setting", 2012-08-03). That commit modified already
working code in commit cca2c172e0 ("git-grep: do not die upon -F/-P
when grep.extendedRegexp is set.", 2011-05-09) which didn't assign to
regflags when under PCRE.

Revert back to that behavior, more to reduce "wait this is used under
PCRE how?" confusion when reading the code, than to to save ourselves
trivial CPU cycles by removing one assignment.

Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---
 grep.c | 1 -
 1 file changed, 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/grep.c b/grep.c
index 47cee45067..59ae7809f2 100644
--- a/grep.c
+++ b/grep.c
@@ -197,7 +197,6 @@ static void grep_set_pattern_type_option(enum grep_pattern_type pattern_type, st
 	case GREP_PATTERN_TYPE_PCRE:
 		opt->fixed = 0;
 		opt->pcre = 1;
-		opt->regflags &= ~REG_EXTENDED;
 		break;
 	}
 }
-- 
2.11.0