Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/6] submodule: improve submodule_has_commits

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 09:55:15 -0700

On 05/01, Stefan Beller wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Brandon Williams <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > This hunk of logic is essentially a copy and paste from elsewhere in the
> > file.  Essentially both code paths were essentially doing the same thing
> > (checking if a submodule has a commit) but one of the code paths included
> > this logic to ensure that it was reachable from a ref in the submodule.
> > In order to merge the two code paths, I included that logic here.
> 
> yes, I get that. The question is whether the other code path omitted the check
> intentionally or just missed it (Is it a bug or feature to have this
> check in that code
> path now)?

I'd take a look at Junio's response.  This check more than likely needs
to be included.

-- 
Brandon Williams