Subject: Re: vger not relaying some of Junio's messages today?

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 03:24:17 +0000

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> As it is a pain to access gmail inbox via imap (I was told that
> something called "offline imap" may alleviate the pain, but I
> haven't tried it yet),

offlineimap isn't bad; I've been using it since 2003-2004
and can say it's easier-to-setup and more reliable than
isync/mbsync, especially with not-so-great "IMAP" servers.

offlineimap also has specific examples in the docs for Gmail's
weird IMAP interface.  My main complaints about it are high memory
usage and slowness.

> I tend to use NNTP interface to either gmane
> or public-inbox almost exclusively, so like everybody else, it often
> takes a message hours before I see it due to this throttling.  I do
> not see the message I am responding to on public-inbox, and I am
> responding to the copy I got direct from you, for example.

Looks like vger is down, my mail server can't make connections
to it on port 25 at all.  Good thing we have a reply-to-all
convention here :)