Subject: [PATCHv3 0/4] clone: respect configured fetch respecs during initial fetch

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 13:05:53 +0200

This is a reroll of sg/clone-refspec-from-command-line-config.
Sorry for the delay, family visit.

The first patch is the updated version of what is now the first commit
of that topic.  The changes are those mentioned in [1]:

 - updated commit message,
 - renamed 'refspec_count' to 'refspec_nr',
 - use the parsed fetch refspecs returned by remote.c:remote_get()
   instead of parsing them ourselves (look at the third hunk of the
   diff of builtin/clone.c, how much shorter it looks),
 - modified tests to check that refs matching the default refspecs are
   transferred as well, and
 - added a test for the combination of '-c
   remote.<remote>.fetch=<refspec> --origin=<name>'.

The second patch is a doc update to warn users that not all
configuration variables are supported via 'git clone -c ...' at the
moment.

Patches 3 and 4 are the last two patches from Peff from this morning
[2].  I picked those up, because his last patch required a bit of
variable name adjustments.  I didn't pick up his first patch, because
using remote_get() already factors out refspec parsing.

[1] - http://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/T/#u
[2] - http://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/T/#m021eadff5d1e4351d99a27096090be39f53df961

Jeff King (2):
  remote: drop free_refspecs() function
  clone: use free_refspec() to free refspec list

SZEDER Gábor (2):
  clone: respect additional configured fetch refspecs during initial
    fetch
  Documentation/clone: document ignored configuration variables

 Documentation/git-clone.txt |  4 ++++
 builtin/clone.c             | 22 ++++++++++++++++------
 remote.c                    | 28 ++++++----------------------
 t/t5611-clone-config.sh     | 44 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 70 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.0.35.g14b6294b1