Subject: [PATCHv3 2/4] Documentation/clone: document ignored configuration variables

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 13:05:55 +0200

Due to limitations/bugs in the current implementation, some
configuration variables specified via 'git clone -c var=val' (or 'git
-c var=val clone') are ignored during the initial fetch and checkout.

Let the users know which configuration variables are known to be
ignored ('remote.origin.mirror' and 'remote.origin.tagOpt') under the
documentation of 'git clone -c'.

Signed-off-by: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-clone.txt | 4 ++++
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-clone.txt b/Documentation/git-clone.txt
index ec41d3d69..4f1e7d4ba 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-clone.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-clone.txt
@@ -186,6 +186,10 @@ objects from the source repository into a pack in the cloned repository.
 	values are given for the same key, each value will be written to
 	the config file. This makes it safe, for example, to add
 	additional fetch refspecs to the origin remote.
+	Note that due to limitations of the current implementation some
+	configuration variables don't take effect during the initial
+	fetch and checkout.  Configuration variables known to not take
+	effect are: `remote.<name>.mirror` and `remote.<name>.tagOpt`.
 
 --depth <depth>::
 	Create a 'shallow' clone with a history truncated to the
-- 
2.13.0.35.g14b6294b1