Subject: [PATCH v2 6/7] grep: un-break building with PCRE < 8.20

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 19:24:52 +0000

Amend my change earlier in this series ("grep: add support for the
PCRE v1 JIT API", 2017-04-11) to un-break the build on PCRE v1
versions earlier than 8.20.

The 8.20 release was the first release to have JIT & pcre_jit_stack in
the headers, so a mock type needs to be provided for it on those
releases.

Now git should compile with all PCRE versions that it supported before
my JIT change.

I've tested it as far back as version 7.5 released on 2008-01-10, once
I got down to version 7.0 it wouldn't build anymore with GCC 7.1.1,
and I couldn't be bothered to anything older than 7.5 as I'm confident
that if the build breaks on those older versions it's not because of
my JIT change.

See the "un-break" change in this series ("grep: un-break building
with PCRE < 8.32", 2017-05-10) for why this isn't squashed into the
main PCRE JIT commit.

Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---
 grep.h | 3 +++
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)

diff --git a/grep.h b/grep.h
index 73ef0ef8ec..b7b9d487b0 100644
--- a/grep.h
+++ b/grep.h
@@ -11,6 +11,9 @@
 #ifndef PCRE_STUDY_JIT_COMPILE
 #define PCRE_STUDY_JIT_COMPILE 0
 #endif
+#if PCRE_MAJOR <= 8 && PCRE_MINOR < 20
+typedef int pcre_jit_stack;
+#endif
 #else
 typedef int pcre;
 typedef int pcre_extra;
-- 
2.13.0.303.g4ebf302169