Subject: Git hackathon London 8th/9th July - call for mentors

From: Charles Bailey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 15:13:35 +0100

As some of you may have inferred, we had to postpone our plans for a
hackathon event last month but we are now moving ahead with plans for
one in London in July. Thank you to everyone who expressed interest in
being a mentor after my last request.

So, similar to last time...

Bloomberg going to host a Git hackathon over a weekend in London on the
weekend of 8th-9th July 2017.

Crucial to the success of the weekend will be having mentors available
in both locations who can guide people on the project. Mentors should
have some experience with developing for Git and should be familiar with
the process and guidelines around contributing.

If you are interested in being a mentor or have further questions, then
please get in contact with me via email (either to this address or to
[email-masked]).

Also, whether or not you are able to be at the weekend now would be a
great time to think about any projects which you would like tackled at
this event. Obviously, projects should be completable by small teams
inside of a weekend.

Charles.

---

Git was the first project for which we hosted an "Open Source Day" and
since then we've learned a lot and would like to revisit Git again.

The event will involve volunteers who are usually competent programmers
but who don't necessarily have experience with contributing to Git,
working to contribute to the project over two days. Typically the type
of tasks tackled would include documentation improvements, test case
improvements and very simple bug fixes that have previously been
identified as "low hanging fruit".