Subject: Re: [PATCH 03/31] config: don't implicitly use gitdir

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 09:37:39 -0700

On 06/08, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi Brandon,
> 
> On Wed, 31 May 2017, Brandon Williams wrote:
> 
> > Commit 2185fde56 (config: handle conditional include when $GIT_DIR is
> > not set up) added a 'git_dir' field to the config_options struct.  Let's
> > use this option field explicitly all the time instead of occasionally
> > falling back to calling 'git_pathdup("config")' to get the path to the
> > local repository configuration.  This allows 'go_git_config_sequence()'
> > to not implicitly rely on global repository state.
> 
> Oh wow. `git_pathdup()`...
> 
> Sadly, I lack the time to review the entire patch series, but this here
> change definitely looks correct to me.

Thanks for taking a look.  I understand you don't have time to review
the series in whole but I should also mention that patch 04/31 may be
of interest to you as it deals with setup being slightly more robust and
since you've spent a great deal of time in that bit of code any input
would be nice.  Last prod I promise ;)

-- 
Brandon Williams