Subject: [PATCHv5 2/2] Documentation/clone: document ignored configuration variables

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 19:38:49 +0200

Due to limitations/bugs in the current implementation, some
configuration variables specified via 'git clone -c var=val' (or 'git
-c var=val clone') are ignored during the initial fetch and checkout.

Let the users know which configuration variables are known to be
ignored ('remote.origin.mirror' and 'remote.origin.tagOpt') under the
documentation of 'git clone -c'.

Signed-off-by: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-clone.txt | 5 +++++
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-clone.txt b/Documentation/git-clone.txt
index ec41d3d69..5ceccb258 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-clone.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-clone.txt
@@ -186,6 +186,11 @@ objects from the source repository into a pack in the cloned repository.
 	values are given for the same key, each value will be written to
 	the config file. This makes it safe, for example, to add
 	additional fetch refspecs to the origin remote.
++
+Due to limitations if the current implementation, some configuration
+variables do not take effect until after the initial fetch and checkout.
+Configuration variables known to not take effect are:
+`remote.<name>.mirror` and `remote.<name>.tagOpt`.
 
 --depth <depth>::
 	Create a 'shallow' clone with a history truncated to the
-- 
2.13.1.505.g7cc9fcafb