Subject: [PATCH v2 2/6] grep: adjust a redundant grep pattern type assignment

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 22:22:18 +0000

Adjust a now-redundant assignment to extended_regexp_option to make it
zero if grep.extendedRegexp is not set. This is always called right
after init_grep_defaults() which memsets the entire structure to 0, so
there's no need to set it again to zero.

However the reason for the if/else pattern is a holdover from[1] where
this was adjusted from a bitfield assignment to a boolean. Rather than
getting rid of the assignment to 0 in all cases, let's just use the
value returned by git_config_bool(), which is more idiomatic and in
sync with the rest of the boolean handling in this function.

This is a logical follow-up to my commit to remove redundant regflags
assignments[2]. This logic was originally introduced in [3], but as
explained in the former commit it's working around a pattern in our
code that no longer exists, and is now confusing as it leads the
reader to think that this needs to be flipped back & forth.

1. 84befcd0a4 ("grep: add a grep.patternType configuration setting",
   2012-08-03)
2. e0b9f8ae09 ("grep: remove redundant regflags assignments",
   2017-05-25)
3. b22520a37c ("grep: allow -E and -n to be turned on by default via
   configuration", 2011-03-30)

Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---
 grep.c | 5 +----
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/grep.c b/grep.c
index 29439886e7..817270d081 100644
--- a/grep.c
+++ b/grep.c
@@ -78,10 +78,7 @@ int grep_config(const char *var, const char *value, void *cb)
 		return -1;
 
 	if (!strcmp(var, "grep.extendedregexp")) {
-		if (git_config_bool(var, value))
-			opt->extended_regexp_option = 1;
-		else
-			opt->extended_regexp_option = 0;
+		opt->extended_regexp_option = git_config_bool(var, value);
 		return 0;
 	}
 
-- 
2.13.1.611.g7e3b11ae1