Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] branch: add a --copy to go with --move

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 23:14:51 +0000

On Wed, Jul 05 2017, Junio C. Hamano jotted:

> * sd/branch-copy (2017-06-18) 3 commits
>  - branch: add a --copy (-c) option to go with --move (-m)
>  - branch: add test for -m renaming multiple config sections
>  - config: create a function to format section headers
>
>  "git branch" learned "-c/-C" to create and switch to a new branch
>  by copying an existing one.
>
>  Has a bit of interaction with mh/packed-ref-store and bw/config-h,
>  so perhaps needs to wait for the former to stabilize a bit more
>  and possibly rebasing on them.

Now that bw/config-h has landed in master here's a version that's
rebased on that. No changes from v1 except:

 - moving the new config header addition from cache.h to config.h,
   corresponding to what was done in bw/config-h.

 - fixing a trivial comment whitespace issue which I see you applied
   locally.

Even though this modifies some of the same files as
mh/packed-ref-store it looks to me like this doesn't conflict with
that topic in any meaningful way, but I may be missing something. I
can't get a merge between this & gitster/mh/packed-ref-store
compiling, but that's due to issues in the latter which seem to be
fixed by some subsequent merge/fixup in pu, not something to do with a
genuine conflict with this topic.

Hopefully this'll allow this topic to land in 2.14.

Sahil Dua (2):
  config: create a function to format section headers
  branch: add a --copy (-c) option to go with --move (-m)

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (1):
  branch: add test for -m renaming multiple config sections

 Documentation/git-branch.txt |  14 ++-
 builtin/branch.c             |  67 ++++++++---
 config.c                     | 115 +++++++++++++++----
 config.h                     |   2 +
 refs.c                       |  11 ++
 refs.h                       |   9 +-
 refs/files-backend.c         |  46 ++++++--
 refs/refs-internal.h         |   4 +
 t/t3200-branch.sh            | 256 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 9 files changed, 476 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.1.611.g7e3b11ae1