Subject: [GSoC][PATCH 0/8] Update: Week 9

From: Prathamesh Chavan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 02:18:56 +0530

SUMMARY OF MY PROJECT:

Git submodule subcommands are currently implemented by using shell script
'git-submodule.sh'. There are several reasons why we'll prefer not to
use the shell script. My project intends to convert the subcommands into
C code, thus making them builtins. This will increase Git's portability
and hence the efficiency of working with the git-submodule commands.
Link to the complete proposal: [1]

Mentors:
Stefan Beller <[email-masked]>
Christian Couder <[email-masked]>

UPDATES:

Following are the updates about my ongoing project:

* status: Certain optimization were implemented as they were suggested.
  Also, the new version was posted for review[2]. This update also
  contains the above-stated version of this patch. 

* sync: The lasted version was posted on the mailing list[3].
  This update also contains the above-stated version of this patch.

* summary: This patch is updated after its last review.
  and the updated one is attached with this update.

* add: porting of this submodule subcommand has started.

* foreach: The former patch[4] posted on the mailing list has been split
  into smaller patches, along with certain additional changes which
  were suggested in the reviews. The patch is currently being posted
  discussion with the mentors and I aim to post it on the mailing
  list soon.

PLAN FOR WEEK-10 (18 July 2017 to 24 July 2017):

* foreach: After having a discussion with the mentors about the prepared
  patch, I'll post the patches.

* add: the porting of this subcommand has begun and will aim to finish
  it by the end of this week.

* Apart from that, I also aim to work on getting the rest of the patches
  ('status', 'sync', 'deinit', and other functions) merged.

Apart from this, sorry for posting the update late for this week. I arrived
at my college late yesterday and hence wasn't able to prepare this with
the ongoing classes. Also, I would do my best so that this doesn't occur
again.

[1]: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1krxVLooWl--75Pot3dazhfygR3wCUUWZWzTXtK1L-xU/
[2]: https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
[3]: https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
[4]: https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Prathamesh Chavan (8):
  submodule--helper: introduce get_submodule_displaypath()
  submodule--helper: introduce for_each_submodule_list()
  submodule: port set_name_rev() from shell to C
  submodule: port submodule subcommand 'status' from shell to C
  submodule: port submodule subcommand 'sync' from shell to C
  submodule: port submodule subcommand 'deinit' from shell to C
  diff: change scope of the function count_lines()
  submodule: port submodule subcommand 'summary' from shell to C

 builtin/submodule--helper.c | 1070 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 diff.c                      |    2 +-
 diff.h                      |    1 +
 git-submodule.sh            |  354 +-------------
 4 files changed, 1056 insertions(+), 371 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.0