Subject: [PATCH] tests: don't give unportable ">" to "test" built-in, use -gt

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 23:38:50 +0000

Change an argument to test_line_count (which'll ultimately be turned
into a "test" expression) to use "-gt" instead of ">" for an
arithmetic test.

This broken on e.g. OpenBSD as of v2.13.0 with my commit
ac3f5a3468 ("ref-filter: add --no-contains option to
tag/branch/for-each-ref", 2017-03-24).

Upstream just worked around it by patching git and didn't tell us
about it, I discovered this when reading various Git packaging
implementations: https://github.com/openbsd/ports/commit/7e48bf88a20

Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---

David, it would be great to get a quick bug report to
[email-masked] if you end up having to monkeypatch something
we've done. We won't bite, promise :)

As shown in that linked Github commit OpenBSD has another recent
workaround in turning on DIR_HAS_BSD_GROUP_SEMANTICS and skipping a
related test, maybe René can make more sense of that?

There's more patches in their ports which indicate possible bugs of
ours: https://github.com/openbsd/ports/tree/master/devel/git/patches/

 t/t7004-tag.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t7004-tag.sh b/t/t7004-tag.sh
index 0ef7b94394..0e2e57aa3d 100755
--- a/t/t7004-tag.sh
+++ b/t/t7004-tag.sh
@@ -1887,7 +1887,7 @@ EOF"
 	run_with_limited_stack git tag --contains HEAD >actual &&
 	test_cmp expect actual &&
 	run_with_limited_stack git tag --no-contains HEAD >actual &&
-	test_line_count ">" 10 actual
+	test_line_count "-gt" 10 actual
 '
 
 test_expect_success '--format should list tags as per format given' '
-- 
2.14.0.rc1.383.gd1ce394fe2