Subject: [GSoC][PATCH v4 0/4] Incremental rewrite of git-submodules

From: Prathamesh Chavan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 17:25:54 +0530

Changes in v4:
* The patches were adjusted to recent codebase.
  Also, the gitmodules_config() was call was removed
  from the functions module_init() and module_status()
  which was essential after the merge of the branch
  bw/submodule-config-cleanup.
  Since it was mentioned earlier, I even tried basing
  the patch series on the branch nd/prune-in-worktree.
  Conflicts occured while doing so, since the later
  branch is based on the master branch with the HEAD
  pointing to the commit:  The fourth batch post 2.14
  I think there won't be any conflicts, if that is changed.

As before you can find this series at: 
https://github.com/pratham-pc/git/commits/patch-series-1

And its build report is available at: 
https://travis-ci.org/pratham-pc/git/builds/
Branch: patch-series-1
Build #167

The above changes were based on master branch.

Another branch, similar to the above, was created, but was based
on the 'next' branch.

Complete build report of that is also available at:
https://travis-ci.org/pratham-pc/git/builds
Branch: patch-series-1-next
Build #168

The above changes are also push on github and are available at:
https://github.com/pratham-pc/git/commits/patch-series-1-next

Prathamesh Chavan (4):
  submodule--helper: introduce get_submodule_displaypath()
  submodule--helper: introduce for_each_listed_submodule()
  submodule: port set_name_rev() from shell to C
  submodule: port submodule subcommand 'status' from shell to C

 builtin/submodule--helper.c | 289 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 git-submodule.sh            |  61 +---------
 2 files changed, 271 insertions(+), 79 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.0