Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] merge-recursive: replace string_list with hashmap

From: Kevin Willford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 10:25:53 -0600

Code was using two string_lists, one for the directories and
one for the files.  The code never checks the lists independently
so we should be able to only use one list.  The string_list also
is a O(log n) for lookup and insertion.  Switching this to use a
hashmap will give O(1) which will save some time when there are
millions of paths that will be checked.

Also cleaned up a memory leak and method where the return was not
being used.

Changes since last version:
1. Removed the function pointers and just check the ignore_case in the
compare and hash methods.
2. Added a comment about the hashmap and why it is getting initialized
and freed but not a local.
3. Use hashmap_get_from_hash and remove the dummy entry

Kevin Willford (3):
  merge-recursive: fix memory leak
  merge-recursive: remove return value from get_files_dirs
  merge-recursive: change current file dir string_lists to hashmap

 merge-recursive.c | 76 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 merge-recursive.h |  3 +--
 2 files changed, 57 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

-- 
2.14.1.329.gcdd497e120.dirty