Subject: Re: [PATCH] doc: camelCase the config variables to improve readability

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 13:22:01 -0700

Hi,

Kaartic Sivaraam wrote:

> The config variable used weren't readable as they were in the
> crude form of how git stores/uses it's config variables.

nit: Git's commit messages describe the current behavior of Git in the
present tense.  Something like:

	These manpages' references to config variables are hard to read because
	they use all-lowercase names, without indicating where each word ends
	and begins in the configuration variable names.

	Improve readability by using camelCase instead.  Git treats these names
	case-insensitively so this does not affect functionality.

> Improve it's readability by replacing them with camelCased versions
> of config variables as it doesn't have any impact on it's usage.

nit: s/it's/its/ (in both places)

> Signed-off-by: Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  Documentation/git-branch.txt | 4 ++--
>  Documentation/git-tag.txt    | 2 +-
>  2 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

This also is just more consistent with the rest of the docs.

FWIW, with or without the commit message tweaks mentioned above,
Reviewed-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>

Thanks for your attention to detail.