Subject: [PATCH v5 0/4] Incremental rewrite of git-submodules

From: Prathamesh Chavan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 17:38:54 +0530

Changes in v5:
* in print_status() function, we now call compute_rev_name() directly
  instead of doing the argv setup and calling get_rev_name() function.
* Since we no longer use the helper function get_rev_name(), we have
  removed it from the code base after porting submodule subcommand
  'status'.
* function get_submodule_displaypath() has been modified, and now handles
  the case of super_prefix being non-null and of length zero.
* I have still kept the name of the function get_rev_name() unchanged,
  since in the function cmd_status(), it is used to get the value of
  the variable revname. And in the next commit since we do not require
  the function anymore, we reomve it from the code base.

As before you can find this series at: 
https://github.com/pratham-pc/git/commits/patch-series-1

And its build report is available at: 
https://travis-ci.org/pratham-pc/git/builds/
Branch: patch-series-1
Build #179

Thanks, Han-Wen Nienhuys for reviewing the previous patch series.

Prathamesh Chavan (4):
  submodule--helper: introduce get_submodule_displaypath()
  submodule--helper: introduce for_each_listed_submodule()
  submodule: port set_name_rev() from shell to C
  submodule: port submodule subcommand 'status' from shell to C

 builtin/submodule--helper.c | 265 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 git-submodule.sh            |  61 +---------
 2 files changed, 247 insertions(+), 79 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.0