Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Teach "diff" to ignore only CR at EOL

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 15:40:09 +0900

This time with doc updates and tests.  The previous one is at 

https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]

A change that is supposed to only change the end-of-line convention
between LF <-> CRLF and nothing else can be verified with "diff -b"
or "diff --ignore-space-at-eol" in practice, but these hide changes
in whitespaces other than the carriage return at the end of the lines.

These two patches introduce a new --ignore-cr-at-eol option so that
only CR at eol and no other whitespace changes are ignored while
making a comparison, to allow a stricter validation.

I am not sure how much practical value the new option has.  The
preliminary clean-up patch to shuffle the bis assignment for flags
does have values, though ;-).

Junio C Hamano (2):
  xdiff: reassign xpparm_t.flags bits
  diff: --ignore-cr-at-eol

 Documentation/diff-options.txt     |  3 +++
 Documentation/merge-strategies.txt |  5 +++--
 diff.c                             |  6 +++---
 merge-recursive.c                  |  2 ++
 t/t4015-diff-whitespace.sh         | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 xdiff/xdiff.h                      | 26 ++++++++++++++++----------
 xdiff/xutils.c                     | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 7 files changed, 91 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

-- 
2.15.0-263-g47cc852023