Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 4/4] exec_cmd: RUNTIME_PREFIX on some POSIX systems

From: Dan Jacques <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 22:25:38 -0500

> In Git for Windows, we have an almost identical patch:
>
> https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/commit/bdd739bb2b0b
>
> We just guard the call to system_path() behind a test whether podir is
> already absolute, but these days, system_path() does that itself.
>
> I am too little of a Perl expert to be helpful with the other patches, but
> I would gladly runa build & test on Windows if you direct me to an
> easily-pullable branch.

Oh interesting - I've only peripherally looked at Git-for-Windows code,
since Chromium uses its packages verbatim (thanks, BTW!). I think you're
correct though - this patch set seems to be doing the same thing.

I've been force-pushing my changes to the "runtime-prefix" branch of my Git
fork for travis.ci testing. The latest commit on that branch adds a
"config.mak" for testing, so one commit from the branch head will contain
the sum set of this patch series applied at (or near) Git's master branch:

https://github.com/danjacques/git/tree/runtime-prefix~1

Let me know if this is what you are looking for, and if I can offer any
help with Windows testing. Thanks!