Subject: [PATCH v6 00/14] Parial clone part 3: clone, fetch, fetch-pack, upload-pack, and tests

From: Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 17:02:40 +0000

From: Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]>

This is V6 of part 3 of partial clone.  It assumes that V6
of parts 1 and 2 are already present.

This version is refactors and reorders commits to better combine
new functionality and tests.  It contains 3 fixup commits that
should be squashed after some discussion.

Jeff Hostetler (9):
  upload-pack: add object filtering for partial clone
  fetch-pack, index-pack, transport: partial clone
  fetch-pack: add --no-filter
  fetch: support filters
  fixup: fetch: update error messages from --blob-max-bytes to --filter
  fixup: fetch: update --blob-max-bytes to --fitler
  fixup: connected: conditionally pass --exclude-promisor-objects to
    rev-list
  partial-clone: define partial clone settings in config
  t5616: end-to-end tests for partial clone

Jonathan Tan (5):
  fetch-pack: test support excluding large blobs
  fetch: refactor calculation of remote list
  clone: partial clone
  unpack-trees: batch fetching of missing blobs
  fetch-pack: restore save_commit_buffer after use

 Documentation/config.txt                          |   4 +
 Documentation/technical/pack-protocol.txt         |   8 ++
 Documentation/technical/protocol-capabilities.txt |   8 ++
 builtin/clone.c                                   |  22 +++-
 builtin/fetch-pack.c                              |   8 ++
 builtin/fetch.c                                   |  33 ++++--
 cache.h                                           |   1 +
 config.c                                          |   5 +
 connected.c                                       |   2 +
 environment.c                                     |   1 +
 fetch-object.c                                    |  26 ++++-
 fetch-object.h                                    |   5 +
 fetch-pack.c                                      |  17 +++
 fetch-pack.h                                      |   2 +
 list-objects-filter-options.c                     |  90 +++++++++++++---
 list-objects-filter-options.h                     |   6 ++
 remote-curl.c                                     |   6 ++
 t/t5500-fetch-pack.sh                             |  63 +++++++++++
 t/t5601-clone.sh                                  | 101 +++++++++++++++++
 t/t5616-partial-clone.sh                          | 125 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 transport-helper.c                                |   5 +
 transport.c                                       |   4 +
 transport.h                                       |   5 +
 unpack-trees.c                                    |  22 ++++
 upload-pack.c                                     |  31 +++++-
 25 files changed, 572 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t5616-partial-clone.sh

-- 
2.9.3