Subject: Re: gitattributes not read for diff-tree anymore in 2.15?

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 10:16:45 -0800

On 12/05, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2017 at 15:03:55 -0800, Brandon Williams wrote:
> > Reading the attributes files should be done regardless if the gitmodules
> > file is read.  The gitmodules file should only come into play if you are
> > dealing with submodules.
> 
> Yeah, it doesn't seem to make sense why this commit breaks us, but there
> it is *shrug*.

While it doesn't make the most sense, I still wouldn't be surprised if I
missed something when writing that patch that inadvertently caused an
issue.

> 
> > Do you mind providing a reproduction recipe with expected outcome vs
> > actual outcome and I can take a closer look.
> 
> I'll work on one. It isn't as simple as I thought it was :) . The setup
> we do before running the checks is apparently involved as running it
> from the command line is not exhibiting the difference.
> 
> --Ben

Perfect, thanks!

-- 
Brandon Williams