Subject: [PATCH v2 8/8] travis-ci: only print test failures if there are test results available

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 13:58:19 +0100

When a build job running the test suite fails, our
'ci/print-test-failures.sh' script scans all 't/test-results/*.exit'
files to find failed tests and prints their verbose output.  However,
if a build job were to fail before it ever gets to run the test suite,
then there will be no files to match the above pattern and the shell
will take the pattern literally, resulting in errors like this in the
trace log:

  cat: t/test-results/*.exit: No such file or directory
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  t/test-results/*.out...
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  cat: t/test-results/*.out: No such file or directory

Check upfront and proceed only if there are any such files present.

Signed-off-by: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
---
 ci/print-test-failures.sh | 6 ++++++
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+)

diff --git a/ci/print-test-failures.sh b/ci/print-test-failures.sh
index f757e616c..1a3d74d47 100755
--- a/ci/print-test-failures.sh
+++ b/ci/print-test-failures.sh
@@ -8,6 +8,12 @@
 # Tracing executed commands would produce too much noise in this script.
 set +x
 
+if test t/test-results/*.exit = "t/test-results/*.exit"
+then
+	echo "Build job failed before the tests could have been run"
+	exit
+fi
+
 for TEST_EXIT in t/test-results/*.exit
 do
 	if [ "$(cat "$TEST_EXIT")" != "0" ]
-- 
2.15.1.429.ga000dd9c7