Subject: [PATCH v3 0/5] Add --no-ahead-behind to status

From: Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 21:47:28 +0000

From: Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]>

This is version 3 of my patch series to avoid expensive
ahead/behind calculations in status.  This version tries
to address most of the comments in V2.

I've switched back to a "status.aheadBehind" config setting
rather than in "core.*".  This has been better integrated
with the existing status_deferred_config mechanism in
builtin/commit.c and lets both status and commit inherit it.

Config values of true and false control non-porcelain formats
for compatibility reasons as previously discussed.  In the
last commit I added a new value of 2 for the config setting
to allow porcelain formats to inherit the new setting.  I've
marked this experimental for now or so that we can discuss
it.

Jeff Hostetler (5):
  stat_tracking_info: return +1 when branches not equal
  status: add --[no-]ahead-behind to status and commit for V2 format.
  status: update short status to respect --no-ahead-behind
  status: support --no-ahead-behind in long format
  status: add status.aheadBehind value for porcelain output

 Documentation/config.txt     | 11 ++++++
 Documentation/git-status.txt |  5 +++
 builtin/checkout.c           |  2 +-
 builtin/commit.c             | 37 +++++++++++++++++++-
 ref-filter.c                 |  8 ++---
 remote.c                     | 42 +++++++++++++++++------
 remote.h                     | 20 +++++++++--
 t/t6040-tracking-info.sh     | 82 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7064-wtstatus-pv2.sh      | 73 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 wt-status.c                  | 38 +++++++++++++++-----
 wt-status.h                  |  2 ++
 11 files changed, 292 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)

-- 
2.9.3