Subject: [PATCH v4 0/4] Add --no-ahead-behind to status

From: Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 15:48:18 +0000

From: Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]>

This is version 4 of my patch series to avoid expensive ahead/behind
calculations in status.  This version removes the last commit containing
the experimental config setting.  And removes the undefined return values
for the nr_ahead/nr_behind arguments as discussed on the mailing list.

This version does not address "git branch -vv", but that requires
passing data across the for-each-ref barrier and that seemed beyond
the scope of this task.

Jeff Hostetler (4):
  stat_tracking_info: return +1 when branches not equal
  status: add --[no-]ahead-behind to status and commit for V2 format.
  status: update short status to respect --no-ahead-behind
  status: support --no-ahead-behind in long format

 Documentation/config.txt     |  6 ++++
 Documentation/git-status.txt |  5 +++
 builtin/checkout.c           |  2 +-
 builtin/commit.c             | 18 ++++++++++-
 ref-filter.c                 |  8 ++---
 remote.c                     | 50 ++++++++++++++++++++----------
 remote.h                     | 12 ++++++--
 t/t6040-tracking-info.sh     | 73 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7064-wtstatus-pv2.sh      | 69 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 wt-status.c                  | 41 +++++++++++++++++--------
 wt-status.h                  |  2 ++
 11 files changed, 250 insertions(+), 36 deletions(-)

-- 
2.9.3