Subject: [PATCH 00/11] document & test fetch pruning + WIP fetch.pruneTags

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 00:00:16 +0000

Michael Giuffrida noted that the git-remote docs were very confusing,
and upthread I said I wanted this shiny related thing in 11/11.

Along the way I fixed up fetch tests & documentation to hopefully be a
lot less confusing.

I think 1-10/11 of this makes sense for inclusion as-is (pending
review etc.), 11/11 is broken currently, but review / comments on it
welcome, particularly the CLI / config interface / docs etc.

The bug causing it not to work is less of a "I can't figure this out"
and more of a "I won't have time again for hacking in the next couple
of days, and wanted to see what people thought", but if someone wants
to see what I'm screwing up there and do my homework for me that's
also most welcome.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (11):
  fetch tests: refactor in preparation for testing tag pruning
  fetch tests: arrange arguments for future readability
  fetch tests: add a tag to be deleted to the pruning tests
  fetch tests: double quote a variable for interpolation
  fetch tests: test --prune and refspec interaction
  git fetch doc: add a new section to explain the ins & outs of pruning
  git remote doc: correct dangerous lies about what prune does
  git-fetch & config doc: link to the new PRUNING section
  fetch: don't redundantly null something calloc() gave us
  fetch tests: add scaffolding for the new fetch.pruneTags
  WIP fetch: add a --fetch-prune option and fetch.pruneTags config

 Documentation/config.txt        |  21 ++++++-
 Documentation/fetch-options.txt |  18 +++++-
 Documentation/git-fetch.txt     |  49 ++++++++++++++++
 Documentation/git-remote.txt    |  14 +++--
 builtin/fetch.c                 |  38 ++++++++++--
 remote.c                        |   2 +
 remote.h                        |   1 +
 t/t5510-fetch.sh                | 125 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 8 files changed, 216 insertions(+), 52 deletions(-)

-- 
2.15.1.424.g9478a66081