Subject: [PATCH v2 00/12] document & test fetch pruning & add fetch.pruneTags

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 00:02:52 +0000

Now v2 and fully non-RFC, changes:

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (12):
  fetch tests: refactor in preparation for testing tag pruning
  fetch tests: arrange arguments for future readability
  fetch tests: add a tag to be deleted to the pruning tests
  fetch tests: double quote a variable for interpolation
  fetch tests: test --prune and refspec interaction

No changes.

  git fetch doc: add a new section to explain the ins & outs of pruning

Grammar etc. fixes from Eric. Thanks!

  git remote doc: correct dangerous lies about what prune does
  git-fetch & config doc: link to the new PRUNING section

No changes.

  fetch: don't redundantly NULL something calloc() gave us

Minor rephrasing of the commit message.

  fetch: stop accessing "remote" variable indirectly

NEW: Amends some existing confusing code, whose pattern will be used
by 12/12.

  fetch tests: add scaffolding for the new fetch.pruneTags

I screwed up positional arguments in the test description, fixed.

  fetch: add a --fetch-prune option and fetch.pruneTags config

Now actually works, and with a very different implementation which
involves making the previously private add_fetch_refspec() function in
remote.c part of the API.

 Documentation/config.txt        |  20 +++++-
 Documentation/fetch-options.txt |  18 ++++-
 Documentation/git-fetch.txt     |  73 +++++++++++++++++++
 Documentation/git-remote.txt    |  14 ++--
 builtin/fetch.c                 |  37 +++++++++-
 remote.c                        |   5 +-
 remote.h                        |   3 +
 t/t5510-fetch.sh                | 154 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 8 files changed, 272 insertions(+), 52 deletions(-)

-- 
2.15.1.424.g9478a66081