Subject: [PATCH v3 00/11] document & test fetch pruning & add fetch.pruneTags

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 22:13:15 +0000

Addresses Junio's comments on v2 + more fixes. The 

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (11):
  fetch: don't redundantly NULL something calloc() gave us
  fetch: stop accessing "remote" variable indirectly

Moved these patches to the beginning. No changes except a note to the
commit message saying how these trivial changes relate (or not) to
subsequent changes.

  fetch tests: refactor in preparation for testing tag pruning

No changes.

  fetch tests: re-arrange arguments for future readability

s/arrange/re-arrange/ in commit message subject.

  fetch tests: add a tag to be deleted to the pruning tests

No changes.

  fetch tests: test --prune and refspec interaction

I'm now just skipping quoting things like +refs/... on the
command-line, which as grepping the rest of the test suite shows is
fine, this eliminated the need for "fetch tests: double quote a
variable for interpolation" so I've ejected it.

  git fetch doc: add a new section to explain the ins & outs of pruning

No changes.

  git remote doc: correct dangerous lies about what prune does

Rewording of doc per Junio's suggestion.

  git-fetch & config doc: link to the new PRUNING section

No changes.

  fetch tests: add scaffolding for the new fetch.pruneTags

No changes except continuing remove refspec quoting changes noted
above & using +refs/tags/... instead of refs/tags/... for consistency
with the last patch...

  fetch: add a --fetch-prune option and fetch.pruneTags config

We now consistently use a + prefixed refspec for tag pruning, even
though it yields the same result. See the discussion in
[email-masked], I think it's less confusing.

Fix regex in --replace-all command in the commit message.

Rewording to address Junio's comments.

The short help for --prune-tags is now:

    -           N_("prune local tags not found on remote")),
    +           N_("prune local tags no longer on remote and clobber changed tags")),

Add --prune-tags to the bash completion.

 Documentation/config.txt               |  20 ++++-
 Documentation/fetch-options.txt        |  18 +++-
 Documentation/git-fetch.txt            |  76 +++++++++++++++++
 Documentation/git-remote.txt           |  14 +--
 builtin/fetch.c                        |  37 +++++++-
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |   2 +-
 remote.c                               |   5 +-
 remote.h                               |   3 +
 t/t5510-fetch.sh                       | 152 ++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 9 files changed, 275 insertions(+), 52 deletions(-)

-- 
2.15.1.424.g9478a66081