Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Add "git rebase --show-patch"

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 16:55:18 +0700

When a conflict happens during a rebase, you often need to look at the
original patch to see what the changes are. This requires opening your
favourite pager with some random path inside $GIT_DIR.

This series makes that experience a bit better, by providing a command
to read the patch. This is along the line of --edit-todo and --quit
where you can just tell git what to do and not bother with details.

My main focus is "git rebase", but because rebase uses "git am" behind
the scene, "git am" gains --show-patch option too.

There was something more I wanted to do, like coloring to the patch.
But that probably will come later. I'll try to merge these two
21-months-old patches first.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (2):
  am: add --show-patch
  rebase: add --show-patch

 Documentation/git-am.txt               |  5 +++-
 Documentation/git-rebase.txt           |  5 +++-
 builtin/am.c                           | 23 ++++++++++++++---
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |  6 ++---
 git-rebase--am.sh                      |  3 +++
 git-rebase--interactive.sh             |  4 +++
 git-rebase--merge.sh                   |  4 +++
 git-rebase.sh                          |  7 +++++-
 t/t3400-rebase.sh                      | 34 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t3404-rebase-interactive.sh          |  6 +++++
 t/t4150-am.sh                          |  5 ++++
 11 files changed, 93 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.1.205.g271f633410