Subject: [PATCH v1 0/5] Incremental rewrite of git-submodules

From: Prathamesh Chavan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 10:27:40 +0530

Following series of patches focuses on porting submodule subcommand
git-foreach from shell to C.
An initial attempt for porting was introduced about 9 months back,
and since then then patches have undergone many changes. Some of the 
notable discussion thread which I would like to point out is: [1] 
The previous version of this patch series which was floated is
available at: [2].

The following changes were made to that:
* As it was observed in other submodule subcommand's ported function
  that the number of params increased a lot, the variables quiet and 
  recursive, were replaced in the cb_foreach struct with a single
  unsigned integer variable called flags.

* To accomodate the possiblity of a direct call to the functions
  runcommand_in_submodule(), callback function
  runcommand_in_submodule_cb() was introduced.

[1]: https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/T/#u
[2]: https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

As before you can find this series at: 
https://github.com/pratham-pc/git/commits/patch-series-3

And its build report is available at: 
https://travis-ci.org/pratham-pc/git/builds/
Branch: patch-series-3
Build #202

Prathamesh Chavan (5):
  submodule foreach: correct '$path' in nested submodules from a
    subdirectory
  submodule foreach: document '$sm_path' instead of '$path'
  submodule foreach: clarify the '$toplevel' variable documentation
  submodule foreach: document variable '$displaypath'
  submodule: port submodule subcommand 'foreach' from shell to C

 Documentation/git-submodule.txt |  15 ++--
 builtin/submodule--helper.c     | 151 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 git-submodule.sh                |  40 +----------
 t/t7407-submodule-foreach.sh    |  38 +++++++++-
 4 files changed, 197 insertions(+), 47 deletions(-)

-- 
2.15.1