Subject: [PATCH 0/8] various perl fixes

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 22:21:38 +0000

I'd been meaning to submit 3/* once my Makefile.PL removal landed in
master, but noticed a few more things along the way, including the
issue fixed in 1/* which I just noted in
<[email-masked]>,
and while I was at it resolved some of my long-standing TODOs noted in
<[email-masked]>, and more.

If you're CC'd on this series it's because one of the commit messages
mentions a commit you authored.

[45]/* do not cleanly pass the default --check, so they have
.gitattributes files to make them pass, as noted in 4/* it's much
easier if we can just use this upstream code as-is, and not accumulate
our own typo/whitespace etc. fixes along the way, which just makes
subsequent updates harder.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (8):
  perl: *.pm files should not have the executable bit
  perl: move CPAN loader wrappers to another namespace
  perl: generalize the Git::LoadCPAN facility
  perl: update our ancient copy of Error.pm
  perl: update our copy of Mail::Address
  git-send-email: unconditionally use Net::{SMTP,Domain}
  gitweb: hard-depend on the Digest::MD5 5.8 module
  perl: hard-depend on the File::{Temp,Spec} modules

 contrib/examples/git-difftool.perl    |   2 +-
 git-send-email.perl                   |  28 +--
 gitweb/INSTALL                        |   3 +-
 gitweb/gitweb.perl                    |  17 +-
 perl/Git.pm                           |   7 +-
 perl/Git/Error.pm                     |  46 ----
 perl/Git/FromCPAN/.gitattributes      |   1 +
 perl/Git/FromCPAN/Error.pm            | 296 +++++++++++++++++++----
 perl/Git/FromCPAN/Mail/.gitattributes |   1 +
 perl/Git/FromCPAN/Mail/Address.pm     | 436 +++++++++++++---------------------
 perl/Git/LoadCPAN.pm                  |  74 ++++++
 perl/Git/LoadCPAN/Error.pm            |  10 +
 perl/Git/LoadCPAN/Mail/Address.pm     |  10 +
 perl/Git/Mail/Address.pm              |  24 --
 14 files changed, 537 insertions(+), 418 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 perl/Git/Error.pm
 create mode 100644 perl/Git/FromCPAN/.gitattributes
 create mode 100644 perl/Git/FromCPAN/Mail/.gitattributes
 create mode 100644 perl/Git/LoadCPAN.pm
 create mode 100644 perl/Git/LoadCPAN/Error.pm
 create mode 100644 perl/Git/LoadCPAN/Mail/Address.pm
 delete mode 100755 perl/Git/Mail/Address.pm

-- 
2.15.1.424.g9478a66081