Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 14/35] connect: request remote refs using v2

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:19:22 -0800

On 02/21, Jonathan Tan wrote:
> On Tue,  6 Feb 2018 17:12:51 -0800
> Brandon Williams <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > +extern struct ref **get_remote_refs(int fd_out, struct packet_reader *reader,
> > +				    struct ref **list, int for_push,
> > +				    const struct argv_array *ref_patterns);
> 
> I haven't looked at the rest of this patch in detail, but the type of
> ref_patterns is probably better as struct string_list, since this is not
> a true argument array (e.g. with flags starting with --). Same comment
> for the next few patches that deal with ref patterns.

Its just a list of strings which don't require having a util pointer
hanging around so actually using an argv_array would be more memory
efficient than a string_list.  But either way I don't think it matters
much.

-- 
Brandon Williams