Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 03/35] pkt-line: add delim packet support

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:37:08 -0800

On 02/22, Stefan Beller wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 5:12 PM, Brandon Williams <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > One of the design goals of protocol-v2 is to improve the semantics of
> > flush packets.  Currently in protocol-v1, flush packets are used both to
> > indicate a break in a list of packet lines as well as an indication that
> > one side has finished speaking.  This makes it particularly difficult
> > to implement proxies as a proxy would need to completely understand git
> > protocol instead of simply looking for a flush packet.
> >
> > To do this, introduce the special deliminator packet '0001'.  A delim
> > packet can then be used as a deliminator between lists of packet lines
> > while flush packets can be reserved to indicate the end of a response.
> 
> Please mention where this can be found in the documentation.
> (Defer to later patch?)

Yeah the documentation does get added in a future patch, I'll make a
comment to that effect.

> As the commit message states, this is only to be used for v2,
> in v0 it is still an illegal pkt.
> 
> >
> > Signed-off-by: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
> 
> The code is
> Reviewed-by: Stefan Beller <[email-masked]>

-- 
Brandon Williams