Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Delete ignore_env member in struct repository

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 17:30:26 +0700

It turns out I don't need my other series [1] in order to delete this
field. This series moves getenv() calls from
repo_set_gitdir()/repo_setup_env() and prepare_alt_odb() back in
environment.c where they belong in my opinion.

The repo_set_gitdir() now takes $GIT_DIR and optionally all other
configurable paths. If those paths are NULL, default repo layout will
be used. With getenv() no longer called inside repo_set_gitdir(),
ignore_env has no reason to stay. This is in 1/4.

The getenv() in prepare_alt_odb() is also moved back to
setup_git_env() in 3/4. It demonstrates how we could move other
getenv() back to if we want.

This series is built on top of Stefan's object-store-part1, v4. I
could rebase it on 'master' too, but then Junio may need to resolve
some conflicts.

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (4):
  repository.c: move env-related setup code back to environment.c
  repository.c: delete dead functions
  sha1_file.c: move delayed getenv(altdb) back to setup_git_env()
  repository: delete ignore_env member

 cache.h        |  2 +-
 environment.c  | 13 +++++++--
 object-store.h |  5 +++-
 object.c       |  1 +
 repository.c   | 79 ++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------------
 repository.h   | 21 +++++++-------
 setup.c        |  3 +-
 sha1_file.c    |  6 +---
 8 files changed, 64 insertions(+), 66 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.1.435.g8f24da2e1a