Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Make cvs tests pass with '-x' tracing and /bin/sh

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 13:38:42 +0100

> On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 12:39 AM, SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > This patch series makes '-x' tracing of tests work reliably even when
> > running them with /bin/sh, and setting TEST_SHELL_PATH=bash will be
> > unnecessary.
> >
> >   make GIT_TEST_OPTS='-x --verbose-log' test
> >
> > passes on my setup and on all Travis CI build jobs (though neither me
> > nor Travis CI run all tests, e.g. CVS).
> 
> I installed 'cvs' and whatnot to run t94* and t96* tests, and sure
> enough, 5 tests in 2 test scripts fail with '-x' tracing and /bin/sh.
> I think I will be able to get around to send v2 during the weekend.

Well, I wasn't able to get around to it, and in the meantime
'sg/test-x' got merged into 'next'.  So here are the updates for those
two test scripts.

The commit message of the first patch is perhaps unnecessary long, but
it's mostly about explaining why the affected test was working
reasonably well despite the rather weird 'test_cmp this that >>out
2>&1' thing.

SZEDER Gábor (2):
  t9400-git-cvsserver-server: don't rely on the output of 'test_cmp'
  t9402-git-cvsserver-refs: don't check the stderr of a subshell

 t/t9400-git-cvsserver-server.sh | 15 +++++++++------
 t/t9402-git-cvsserver-refs.sh   |  8 ++++----
 2 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.2.603.g180c1428f0