Subject: [PATCH v6 00/35] protocol version 2

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 10:31:07 -0700

Fixed the protocol-v2.txt technical document so that it builds when
running "make doc".

Brandon Williams (35):
  pkt-line: introduce packet_read_with_status
  pkt-line: allow peeking a packet line without consuming it
  pkt-line: add delim packet support
  upload-pack: convert to a builtin
  upload-pack: factor out processing lines
  transport: use get_refs_via_connect to get refs
  connect: convert get_remote_heads to use struct packet_reader
  connect: discover protocol version outside of get_remote_heads
  transport: store protocol version
  protocol: introduce enum protocol_version value protocol_v2
  test-pkt-line: introduce a packet-line test helper
  serve: introduce git-serve
  ls-refs: introduce ls-refs server command
  connect: request remote refs using v2
  transport: convert get_refs_list to take a list of ref prefixes
  transport: convert transport_get_remote_refs to take a list of ref
    prefixes
  ls-remote: pass ref prefixes when requesting a remote's refs
  fetch: pass ref prefixes when fetching
  push: pass ref prefixes when pushing
  upload-pack: introduce fetch server command
  fetch-pack: perform a fetch using v2
  fetch-pack: support shallow requests
  connect: refactor git_connect to only get the protocol version once
  connect: don't request v2 when pushing
  transport-helper: remove name parameter
  transport-helper: refactor process_connect_service
  transport-helper: introduce stateless-connect
  pkt-line: add packet_buf_write_len function
  remote-curl: create copy of the service name
  remote-curl: store the protocol version the server responded with
  http: allow providing extra headers for http requests
  http: don't always add Git-Protocol header
  http: eliminate "# service" line when using protocol v2
  remote-curl: implement stateless-connect command
  remote-curl: don't request v2 when pushing

 .gitignore                              |   1 +
 Documentation/Makefile                  |   1 +
 Documentation/gitremote-helpers.txt     |  32 ++
 Documentation/technical/protocol-v2.txt | 395 +++++++++++++++
 Makefile                                |   7 +-
 builtin.h                               |   2 +
 builtin/clone.c                         |   2 +-
 builtin/fetch-pack.c                    |  20 +-
 builtin/fetch.c                         |  21 +-
 builtin/ls-remote.c                     |  15 +-
 builtin/receive-pack.c                  |   6 +
 builtin/remote.c                        |   2 +-
 builtin/send-pack.c                     |  20 +-
 builtin/serve.c                         |  30 ++
 builtin/upload-pack.c                   |  74 +++
 connect.c                               | 364 ++++++++++----
 connect.h                               |   7 +
 fetch-pack.c                            | 339 ++++++++++++-
 fetch-pack.h                            |   4 +-
 git.c                                   |   2 +
 http-backend.c                          |   8 +-
 http.c                                  |  25 +-
 http.h                                  |   7 +
 ls-refs.c                               |  96 ++++
 ls-refs.h                               |  10 +
 pkt-line.c                              | 133 ++++-
 pkt-line.h                              |  78 +++
 protocol.c                              |   2 +
 protocol.h                              |   1 +
 refs.c                                  |  14 +
 refs.h                                  |   7 +
 remote-curl.c                           | 280 ++++++++++-
 remote.h                                |  11 +-
 serve.c                                 | 257 ++++++++++
 serve.h                                 |  15 +
 t/helper/test-pkt-line.c                |  64 +++
 t/t5701-git-serve.sh                    | 176 +++++++
 t/t5702-protocol-v2.sh                  | 273 +++++++++++
 transport-helper.c                      |  87 ++--
 transport-internal.h                    |  11 +-
 transport.c                             | 130 +++--
 transport.h                             |  18 +-
 upload-pack.c                           | 615 ++++++++++++++++++------
 upload-pack.h                           |  23 +
 44 files changed, 3317 insertions(+), 368 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/technical/protocol-v2.txt
 create mode 100644 builtin/serve.c
 create mode 100644 builtin/upload-pack.c
 create mode 100644 ls-refs.c
 create mode 100644 ls-refs.h
 create mode 100644 serve.c
 create mode 100644 serve.h
 create mode 100644 t/helper/test-pkt-line.c
 create mode 100755 t/t5701-git-serve.sh
 create mode 100755 t/t5702-protocol-v2.sh
 create mode 100644 upload-pack.h

base-commit: 5be1f00a9a701532232f57958efab4be8c959a29
-- 
2.16.2.804.g6dcf76e118-goog