Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Extract memory pool logic into reusable component

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:41:49 -0400

From: Jameson Miller <[email-masked]>

This patch series extracts the memory pool implementation, currently
used by fast-import, into a generalized component. This memory pool
can then be generally used by any component that needs a pool of
memory.

This patch is in preparation for a change to speed up the loading of
indexes with a large number of cache entries by reducing the number of
malloc() calls. For a rough example of how this component will be used
in this capacity, please see [1].

[1] https://github.com/jamill/git/compare/block_allocation_base...jamill:block_allocation

Jameson Miller (3):
  fast-import: rename mem_pool to fi_mem_pool
  Introduce a reusable memory pool type
  fast-import: use built-in mem pool

 Makefile      |   1 +
 fast-import.c |  50 ++++------------------
 mem-pool.c    | 130 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 mem-pool.h    |  48 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 186 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 mem-pool.c
 create mode 100644 mem-pool.h

-- 
2.14.3