Subject: [PATCH v2 0/8] completion: add option completion for most builtin commands

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 21:35:17 +0100

This series adds option completion for many more commands. More
importantly it introduces a generic completion function
__git_complete_common(). With --git-completion-helper providing more
and more information in future, this function can start to replace
many other _git_xxx() in this file.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (8):
  git.c: move cmd_struct declaration up
  git.c: add hidden option --list-parseopt-builtins
  completion: mention the oldest version we need to support
  completion: factor out _git_xxx calling code
  completion: add --option completion for most builtin commands
  completion: delete option-only completion commands
  completion: use __gitcomp_builtin in _git_ls_tree
  completion: use __gitcomp_builtin in _git_cherry

 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |  75 +++++++++++----
 git.c                                  | 122 +++++++++++++------------
 t/t9902-completion.sh                  |   6 ++
 3 files changed, 127 insertions(+), 76 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0.rc0.348.gd5a49e0b6f