Subject: [PATCH 0/2] send-email: impose a delay while sending to appease GMail

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 18:28:01 +0000

GMail doesn't sort E-Mail by the "Date" header, but by when the E-Mail
was received. As a result patches sent to the git ML and LKML (and
friends) show up out of order in GMail.

This series works around that issue by sleeping for 1 second between
sending E-Mails.

If you're on the LKML and wondering why you got this, I figured
feedback from the other big user (that I know of) of send-email would
be helpful.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (2):
  send-email: add an option to impose delay sent E-Mails
  send-email: supply a --send-delay=1 by default

 Documentation/config.txt         | 17 ++++++++++
 Documentation/git-send-email.txt |  4 +++
 git-send-email.perl              | 15 +++++++--
 t/t9001-send-email.sh            | 55 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 89 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.2.804.g6dcf76e118