Subject: [PATCH v4] routines to generate JSON data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 14:31:35 +0000

From: Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]>

This is version 4 of my JSON data format routines.

This version adds a "pretty" formatted output.  I consider this to be
mainly for debugging, but worth keeping available in release builds.

I simplified the stack-level tracing as suggested by René Scharfe and
hinted at by Peff.

I converted the _double() routines to take an integer precision rather
than a format specification and build a known-to-be-good format string
to minimize the __attribute__(...) issues raised by René Scharfe.

It fixes the PRIuMAX and "void inline" compiler warnings on OSX that
were reported by Wink Saville and Ramsay Jones.  And resolved the "sparse"
warnings repoted by Ramsay Jones.

And I updated the commit message and header file documnetation to address
the JSON-like (Unicode limitations) mentioned by Jonathan Nieder.

Jeff Hostetler (1):
  json_writer: new routines to create data in JSON format

 Makefile                    |   2 +
 json-writer.c               | 395 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 json-writer.h               |  92 +++++++
 t/helper/test-json-writer.c | 590 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t0019-json-writer.sh      | 253 +++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 1332 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 json-writer.c
 create mode 100644 json-writer.h
 create mode 100644 t/helper/test-json-writer.c
 create mode 100755 t/t0019-json-writer.sh

-- 
2.9.3