Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] Extract memory pool logic into reusable component

From: Jameson Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 13:03:48 -0400

Changes from v2:

  - Code Review Reactions
  
  - Lifetime management functions for mem_pool will be included in
    future patch series

This patch series extracts the memory pool implementation, currently
used by fast-import, into a generalized component. This memory pool
can then be generally used by any component that needs a pool of
memory.

This patch is in preparation for a change to speed up the loading of
indexes with a large number of cache entries by reducing the number of
malloc() calls. For a rough example of how this component will be used
in this capacity, please see [1].

[1] https://github.com/jamill/git/compare/block_allocation_base...jamill:block_allocation

Jameson Miller (3):
  fast-import: rename mem_pool type to mp_block
  fast-import: introduce mem_pool type
  Move reusable parts of memory pool into its own file

 Makefile      |  1 +
 fast-import.c | 74 +++++++++++------------------------------------------------
 mem-pool.c    | 55 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 mem-pool.h    | 34 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 104 insertions(+), 60 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 mem-pool.c
 create mode 100644 mem-pool.h

-- 
2.14.3