Subject: [PATCH v8 01/15] t/README: mention about running the test suite in special modes

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 12:02:57 +0200

From: Duy Nguyen <[email-masked]>

There are features that would benefit from running the whole test
suite instead of just a few test cases written specifically for
them. Split-index mode is one of them. Document it.

This step is required because a few patches later, we will be
introduce more test modes like this to test some corner cases of
pack-objects as much as possible.

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 t/README | 10 ++++++++++
 1 file changed, 10 insertions(+)

diff --git a/t/README b/t/README
index 1a1361a806..09eb2b9768 100644
--- a/t/README
+++ b/t/README
@@ -292,6 +292,16 @@ and know what setup is needed for it.  Or when you want to run
 everything up to a certain test.

+Running tests with special setups
+---------------------------------
+
+The whole test suite could be run to test some special features
+that cannot be easily covered by a few specific test cases. These
+could be enabled by running the test suite with correct GIT_TEST_
+environment set.
+
+GIT_TEST_SPLIT_INDEX forces split-index mode on the whole test suite.
+
 Naming Tests
 ------------
 
-- 
2.17.0.rc2.515.g4feb9b7923