Subject: [PATCH v4 0/2] builtin/config.c: prefer `--type=bool` over `--bool`, etc.

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 19:00:34 -0700

Hi,

I have attached a fourth re-roll of my series to introduce
"--type=<type>" in "git config", and prefer it to "--<type>".

In particular, since the last update, I have changed the following:

  - Clearer wording in the second patch per Eric's suggestion.

  - Stopped spelling the required argument to "--type=" as "[type]", and
    instead as "<type>" (cc: Eric).

  - Changed "unexpected" to "unrecognized" in the fatal message when we
    don't know how to interpret the argument to "--type".

Thanks,
Taylor

Taylor Blau (2):
  builtin/config.c: treat type specifiers singularly
  builtin/config.c: prefer `--type=bool` over `--bool`, etc.

 Documentation/git-config.txt | 66 ++++++++++++++++---------------
 builtin/config.c             | 77 +++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 t/t1300-repo-config.sh       | 29 ++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 113 insertions(+), 59 deletions(-)

--
2.16.2.440.gc6284da4f